I hope everyone had an absolutely wonderful Christmas and are now looking forward to a hap, hap, happy New Year.
Can you believe it will be 2010?
It seems like yesterday was New Year's Eve to the year 2000.
I worked at a newspaper at the time. The "powers" that were, were so worried about y2k causing havoc on our computer systems that we reported to work at 10 pm and stayed until 4 am. So much for Dick Clark rockin' that year, LOL!
After much consideration, I bring you:
My Resolutions for 2010
1. Be happier: Stop worrying about things that may never happen but wisely prepare and be prepared financially. The knowledge of our own security leads to greater happiness. We all have taken a hit to our 401-k, stocks, etc. I'm looking to replenish our options in 2010. Where is that piggy bank by the way?
2. Be smarter: Consider twice, the outcome of spending and credit choices. I hate to admit that I have gotten spoiled about spending money without much thought. IDK when that happened, I remember having to count every penny for umpteen years. I think 2010 will be a great year to revisit that "old way" of doing things.
3. Spend time wisely: Pay attention to the moment at hand. I have the horrible habit of multi-tasking through everything. The girls come to visit, I wash dishes. My goal this year is to actually stop and be in the moment, not fluttering around the edges.
4. Be grateful: I wish there were more hours in the day to take stock of all the wonderful things that we have in life. I seem to be so busy running around in constant pursuit of "something else" that I don't enjoy what I already have. 2010 will be a good year to take stock by keeping a Gratitude Journal. (making one, watch for the post!)
5. Be healthier: Exercise more, eat less, lose 10-15 lbs. (This is always on my list)...I think this year I will strive for just being the best Dena that Dena can be!
6. AND My one fun resolution for the year: spend more time with my friends, make more fun crafts, be more creative and just have more fun! (I think I can handle this one)
We are traveling to Maryland for more Christmas tomorrow.
When I blog again it will be 2010!
I simply cannot go until I wish you all a
Happy New Year!