Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Ho Ho Ho Holidays!


I'm exhausted! I have just been so busy lately with the party coming up, cleaning and decorating the house, magazine awards at work, crafting special orders for Christmas. I know you are all just as busy this time of year!


I keep thinking after I do this, I can rest, but sigh...there is always something else after "this"
We never get as much help as we would like do we?
You know we do it to ourselves, there is just one more ornament to add, one more light string to put up
and I love every minute of it!


 I reconnected with an old friend from High school recently that is in a sour grapes mood about Christmas this year...no tree, no help, she's not doing it, she's tired!


I'm sorry for her to be in such a mood, but I don't really understand it. My thoughts just keep coming back to "how could you not do it!?"



I hope she will find her "Christmas Spirit" and I hope/know you all already have it! So in the spirit, take a moment to stop, take a deep breath and reflect on the meaning of Christmas, then get back to work, there are cookies still to be baked!




Dena

6 comments:

  1. That is so true. There are so many little details that need attending to and I think we really put a lot of pressure on ourselves to make everything just like we remember it and add even more to make it perfect. Your advice to try to enjoy it is a good one. I will try to do that today, but only after I inventory the gifts so far, invite people to my second party, make sure the gifts to be sent are ready etc, etc. Enjoy this time!! (Now, I forgot to have breakfast, so that is next.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this! It's exactly the encouragement I needed today; I'm feeling overwhelmed! I'm still trying to get my house done after that huge decorating workshop I hosted last week. And, I'm getting ready to back for 80 of my husband's best clients! *deep breath*
    But, it will all get done, and Christmas is still the most magical time of the year. I love it despite all the work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I meant to say, I'm getting ready to BAKE, not back! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think blogging really helps with the spirit of all holidays. We get to see all sorts of great decorations, read inspiring stories and see beautiful tables. I know it helped me for Thanksgiving...as we didn't spend it with family for the first time and I was "in a mood" about it being the 2 of us. I think if you are alone, or lonely...it is hard to get in the spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely post! Your poor friend..poor in spirit...maybe you made a difference for her...send her a Poinsettia....that'll get her going....how can one resist the wonder of those red flowers in the home

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your images in this post, Dena! It can be overwhelming at times, but I've been trying to not take on a lot during the holidays {besides the day job} so that I can really spend some time enjoying this time of year instead of rushing around. This is probably my most hectic week, but after this I have no plans that I'm obligated to until Christmas Eve.

    ReplyDelete